This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Head falling forward in ERF seat.

(2 Posts)

Ds 8 months old has physically outgrown his Babysafe seat heightwise. His head is now level with the top of the seat, which seeing as he is over the 99th centile is not unsurprising. What is also unsurprising is the fact that he hates the thing with a passion and screams non stop when in the car.

I had him weighed a month ago and he was 10kg then, so is probably in the region of 10.5-11kg now.

The First Class doesn't fit in our car, we have already tried it, so I dug dd's outgrown erf seat out of the cupboard today. While he enjoyed being upright, when he fell asleep, his head had fallen onto his chest, and was dangerous. We have tried the rolled up towel, his sisters trunkie headrest thing and a muzzy under his chin. All a disaster.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I could try. Unfortunately the seat does not recline, and as I already have 2 erf seats, I would rather not pay out £££for a third one.

GoodEggSafetyAdvice Mon 10-Mar-14 00:42:34

Hi,

What seat do you have? Did you put the towel under DS or under the child seat?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now