This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Xsara Picasso with underfloor storage - ISOFIX query

(3 Posts)
BellBottomBlues Thu 27-Feb-14 10:23:22

Hope someone can help quickly!

Have arranged to go out with a friend today - she has an ISOFIX seat (we have a non-ISOFIX one so never looked into it before)

From looking around it seems you cannot use an ISOFIX seat in a Xsara Picasso with the underfloor cupboard-things (which we have) because, I presume, the lid isn't strong enough to support the 'leg' bit of the base.

Our car doesn't have the ISOFIX mounts on the middle seat (although I think some do - ours definitely hasn't) so we can't use that, which is a shame as there is proper metal floor there. Stupid design.

So, I wonder if anyone has any advice about using the ISOFIX seat in one of the outer back seats but just opening the lid on the storage area so the foot is on a metal base. Has anyone tried this, or have any other advice about how to get this seat to go safely in our car?

Thanks in advance.

GoodEggSafetyAdvice Thu 27-Feb-14 12:49:24

Hi,

Provided the impact leg reaches the floor of the box it is safe to use the ISOfix seat in this way.

Depending on the seat your friend has, it may be able to be fitted with the seat belt in the middle seating position and this may be worth exploring - it does depend on what seat she has as not all ISOfix seats have a seat belt option as well.

I hope this helps in time!

Kat
Good Egg Safety

BellBottomBlues Thu 27-Feb-14 12:57:42

Thanks Kat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now