This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Group 1 seat with good recline

(7 Posts)
minipie Wed 19-Feb-14 16:21:38

... please?

Most Group 1 seats seem to have a fairly crap recline, but I try to travel when DD is likely to sleep (she is not good with being stuck in the car while awake) so would really like a good recline.

Not too fussy on other aspects. Isofix would be nice, but it needs to be able to take a seat belt as well. DD is 16 months, c 11kg. I would prefer forward facing to help avoid boredom strops from DD but will consider RF if it means the recline is better. (I know RF is safer but not if DD is screaming at me).

Any recommendations? Thanks!

AliceMum09 Wed 19-Feb-14 22:58:35

www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_864275_langId_-1_categoryId_165763
This seat has a really good (and easy to do, you can reach round and do it from the drivers seat if your child has fallen asleep mid-journey , so long as you are stopped at the lights or have pulled over of course!) recline, and you can use it rear facing up to 13kgs. It's not an ERF seat, but you would be able to use it RF for a little while. When used RF it has to be in the fully reclined position, but the slope of the back seats of your car will offset the recline a bit.

minipie Thu 20-Feb-14 11:52:27

That looks great, thank you! Ideal that it has the choice of RF or FF for a few more months, so we can see if she is happier FF or not.

Just to check, is the recline still good even when it is forward facing?

MinesAPintOfTea Thu 20-Feb-14 12:03:39

I was going to recommend the same seat. You can still use the reline when FF and DS doesn't slump forwards when its reclined.

minipie Thu 20-Feb-14 12:33:21

Oh good, two people saying the same thing, makes life very easy grin

Thanks both.

MiaowTheCat Thu 20-Feb-14 13:06:20

Another vote for the first class one - really good recline on it - DD2 is generally asleep before we've got out of the (very short) street when in it, as opposed to the other car's seat where we generally get two corners before the snoring starts (I sometimes swear that child is narcoleptic).

Worth keeping your eye open to shamelessly abuse price match offers on it as it's frequently discounted all over the shop.

minipie Thu 20-Feb-14 13:18:01

Hello Miaow! Where do you get these narcoleptic children of which you speak?

Seat is sounding better and better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now