This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Jane Matrix Car Seat & Trider Extreme: SAFE OR UNSAFE ??????

(5 Posts)
Matrix2Unsafe Thu 13-Feb-14 19:52:38

Hi

My daughter was 3months old when the Jane ES Matrix Light 2 and Trider Extreme failed.

The rear left wheel fell from the Trider Extreme causing the unit to fall onto one side, pushing the roll bar back and breaking my daughters arm.

The Matrix Light 2 had on four other occasions, prior to this, failed and moved whilst in the car from the upright position to the lay down position and back to the upright positions again!

This was whilst my daughter was strapped into the seat!

Users of this seat will understand how awful that is !

Subsequent examination showed that my daughter had two broken ribs as a result of being crushed in some manner.

Please, if there are any users of Matrix or Matrix 2 or Matrix II Light out there that have had similar issues please could you leave messages here?

If you have had any problems with the Matrix or Matrix 2 or Matrix II Light then please write here !

We experienced a series of issues with the Wheels locking, getting stuck, falling off, belts jamming, belts getting stuck one side, unit failing to lock on one side or other, roll bar/carry bar not locking and the unit moving and twisting when correctly strapped into a car.

Please, if you have had issues with the Jane Matrix or Jane Matrix Light 2 or Jane Matrix II Light or Jane Strider Extreme then please contact us here.

Many thanks

Richard

hudsonriver1 Tue 18-Feb-14 18:09:14

Wow, I was going to buy this travel system!

Elly1981 Tue 18-Feb-14 18:19:34

We have a matrix light 2 and a trider. We've had no problems what so ever with it and think its fantastic. We do however have the base to clip the matrix on to in the car and this holds it very securely, so no moving or twisting once in the car. Our trider is 18 months old and is used on rough tracks and grass most days, it's never missed a beat. Really sorry to hear about your poor daughter and the trouble you've had with it.

clairealfie Fri 21-Feb-14 14:58:18

I have the Jane Rider Matrix system and I've never had any bother. Sorry to hear about your LO.

christilass Wed 26-Feb-14 22:05:47

I have Jane trider with strata car seat , also have the lie flat transporter , ive had no problems at all , i think its a fantastic system .
im so sorry for what has happened to your daughter .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now