This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Recaro Monza Seatfix or Maxi Cosi Rodifix?

(5 Posts)
ihearttc Sun 02-Feb-14 15:25:17

Am investigating which HBB to get for DS2. He is no hurry as still way under weight limit for his Priori XP but I want to make the right decision so doing lots of investigating.

For DS1 we had a Rodi which was amazing...it had a piece that went under the back of the actual car seat and secured the HBB in place so it didn't move about in the car-wasn't isofix but a plastic base plate attached to the bottom of it. DS1 is 9 now and 149cm tall last time I measured him so doesn't need it anymore but its 5 years old so we've dumped it.

Id really like an Isofix one this time as one of the main reasons I liked the Rodi as opposed to my friends HBB's was that it was secure in the car all the time. They didn't have Isofix HBB's then if not we'd have got one.

Anyway Id really like the Rodifix but our Isofix points are quite high up on the car seat if that makes sense and according to the reviews the Rodifix isofix don't move so it doesn't always sit well?

So then thought about the Recaro Seatfix...it looks like it moves up and down which would mean it would definitely fit better in our car-we've got a 2010 Audi A6 if that helps at all.

Any other suggestions?

I don't trust our nearest Halfords to fix car seats and our JL doesn't have the Recaro one in stock to try nor does our closest Mothercare so am trying to go by what I read online which is obviously quite tricky!

AliceMum09 Sun 02-Feb-14 18:37:08

The ISOFIX arms on DD1s Britax Kidfix HBB have quite a lot of movement in them (I mean movement up and down, so they should accommodate lots of different cars, rather than movement when the seat is fixed in the car).

Mine is just the standard Kidfix, you can get other more expensive ones that have side impact cushions but they are too wide for my car (I need to fit 3 child seats in the back)

Worth a look.

Waggamamma Sun 02-Feb-14 18:39:33

I have britax kidfix in both cars and am happy with it.

ihearttc Sun 02-Feb-14 20:29:35

Oh fantastic thank you-will look at that one. There doesn't seem to be a huge amount of different ones to chose from so always good to hear recommendations.

Im glad you realised what I meant about the Isofix in our car cause I didn't explain it very well!

PolterGoose Sun 09-Feb-14 18:37:37

We've got KidFix's too, very happy with them, ds very comfortable and they sit securely in our 2 cars.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now