This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Two way elite - when outgrown?

(4 Posts)
patchesmcp Mon 27-Jan-14 14:29:01

I've got a TWE which my DS who's almost 3 is currently using. He's just over 18kg, 105cm tall and I was looking at him in it today and thinking he might be getting too big for it as his eyes look almost level with the back of it. I know it lasts until 25kg and this is what I've been focusing on, but it occurred to me I have no idea when he'll outgrow it height wise, so I'd appreciate some advice on this point.

Thanks smile

nocheeseinhouse Mon 27-Jan-14 20:04:19

My 20kg, 114cm DS still fits his just fine.

patchesmcp Wed 29-Jan-14 16:41:46

Thanks nocheese

Strange question but do you know how long your DS's back is? My DS's height is in his back, rather than his legs. He's virtually grown out of his 4-5 t-shirts, but still just fits into his 2-3 trousers so whilst he's only hmm 105cm it's his body which gives him his height hence why I'm concerned the seat is getting too small.

nocheeseinhouse Thu 30-Jan-14 00:41:32

I don't, but his back is also long. Unless his eyes are level with the very top of the seat, he's fine. Remember the straps should be at or below the shoulder rearfacing, not above.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now