This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

protecting the back seat (ERF)

(5 Posts)
sleeplessinderbyshire Sun 19-Jan-14 15:40:46

My DD2 is 18m and in a besafe izi combi isofix. The back seat where her feet go is getting filthy and although I know I could take her shoes off every time we go in the car this would add minutes to my already crazy day. I tried to buy seat covers for the car when I bought it (Honda CRV) but apparently they don't make them any more. Reviewing other sites I wonder if using a car seat cover is safe or legal in any case (I assume with isofix and a thin cover it probably is safe)

has anyone got any advice? I can see for FF seats there are tons of products to protect the back of the front seat, fortunately DD1 is sensible with her feet and very short so she never kicks the passenger seat back anyway so we've never had one of these

Hanginggardenofboobylon Sun 19-Jan-14 15:49:59

We have a seat cover that has slits for the isofix, it fits over the headrest. I think it's by sunshine kids, you can get on amazon or in argos. We don't have rear facing and just use it to protect the leather seats but I don't see why it wouldn't work for your purposes

Ive just cut a hole in a fleece blanket from dunelm and popped over the headrest. cheap, durable and washable and I already had it knocking around at home. hope thats useful!

oadcb Sun 19-Jan-14 18:59:51

Check out britax car Seat saver on eBay... That's isofix too. We've had various ones they do help!

oadcb Sun 19-Jan-14 19:02:15

Check out britax car Seat saver on eBay... That's isofix too. We've had various ones they do help!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now