Note: This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQa> section. If you see buying and selling in this topic, please feel free to report it. Thanks, MNHQ.

Britax Kid fix SICT - anyone have one?

(5 Posts)
TinyPenguin Wed 15-Jan-14 19:29:57

Does anyone have one?

Any complaints?

How does the 'recline' function work & how much does it recline?

Can it still be reclined when not using isofix?

Yes I do have one

No complaints

Recline will only work when isofixed in, although tbh, its not an amazing amount of recline, but none of the hbb's I looked at will recline in quite the same way as a group 1 seat.

To recline the seat it will need to be isofixed in. The isofix arms slide back and forth from the seat base, as its also possible to retract the arms and use it as a non isofixed booster.
To sit it upright, you slide the seat back on the isofix mounts so it is flush with the back of the car seat. To recline it forwards, you slide it forwards on the isofix arms

PolterGoose Thu 16-Jan-14 14:41:35

We've got one in each car. The recline isn't to recline your child, it is only to adjust the seat so it rests flat against the back of the actual car's seat. HBBs shouldn't have a gap behind them at all.

TinyPenguin Thu 16-Jan-14 19:23:29

Thank you, good to know that info about the recline!

I would be using it mainly without the isofix.

oadcb Thu 16-Jan-14 20:22:23

If using it without Isofix majority of time better to get a lightweight one as the seat will be a force behind child in accident. Therefore lighter the better

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now