This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

3 car seats in Volvo V70 - need 2 slim high back boosters to fit a bit better.

(5 Posts)
evertonmint Sun 12-Jan-14 17:07:50

Expecting DC3 in June. Just tried the Cabriofix in with the existing 2 seats and it is very tight - doable but not practical as it takes ages to fasten the belts on the high back booster in the middle as the chairs gets in the way of the belt hole.

DS (5.9) is in a Ferofix. He currently can fasten his own belt. There is no way he will be able to do this with baby seat in and it is hard even for an adult to do given the baby seat shifts it over slightly off centre so you have to reach right behind the seat to fasten/unfasten. DS is light - 19kg - so won't be able to use a booster cushion for quite a while anyway and I do prefer to keep him in a high back booster as long as possible.

DD (3.3) is in a Britax Group 1. However she is 15kg now and will be 3.9 when baby arrives so even if we don't move her straight away, she will probably need to move to a Group 2/3 quite soon after.

Rather than buy a completely new car, we'd be happy to buy two new high back boosters that are a bit slimmer and give a bit more room, so I'm looking for suggestions.

How do you make 3 seats work? Or is it always just a complete pain fastening them in? Which seats should I look at?

Thank you!

oadcb Sun 12-Jan-14 17:13:01

In cabriofix on a base? That makes its not as difficult. Play with seat position so its in middle or does transmission hump get in way?

evertonmint Sun 12-Jan-14 17:19:21

Cabriofix is on the base. It needs to go by the door for the base leg to work though, and also because the baby will be in and out of the car more than the other two DCs this will probably be the most practical option for me.

I'm wondering if we just put them in the wrong way. Had the two bigger seats next to each other by the two belt hole side. If I put the baby seat at that side, the booster in the middle will be pushed over a little giving a bit more access to the belt holes I think whereas the way we did it, it was pushing over hiding the belt holes IYSWIM. It might make the booster by the door tight, but at least that's only one seat/child to lean over rather than two!

Experimentation required I think. And a savings plan for a Ford S Max or similar (which I guess will become critical as they get really big)!

We knew the car would be the biggest sticking point with 3. At least it is doable, and now we just need to make it as simple and roomy as possible!

oadcb Sun 12-Jan-14 17:50:15

Britax adventure is a good slim hbb.

You could always disable airbag in front and put cabrio in passenger seat.

evertonmint Sun 12-Jan-14 19:46:22

Yes, I reckon one in the front will be the easiest and then squeeze them in the back when all 5 of us are in the car which is only weekends.

Will look at the Britax seat too.

Thanks for your help
smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now