Note: This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQa> section. If you see buying and selling in this topic, please feel free to report it. Thanks, MNHQ.

Maxi Cosi Cabrio Fix base - still safe/compatible?

(4 Posts)
Teddybear4 Sun 29-Sep-13 07:52:22

Hi

We had a maxi cosi cabriofix base and seat for DS, born in 2007, which we then reused for DD, born in 2010. The seat has since been used (minus the base) for my nephew and is a bit battered and bruised.

I'm now expecting DC3 (March 2014) and was thinking of getting a new seat to go on the existing base. Will this work? Are the newer seats and the base the same? Also, will the base still be ok? It's been carefully stored and no accidents had but it will be 6 years old by the time we use it again.

Thank you

AliceMum09 Sun 29-Sep-13 13:12:48

I would think the base would be fine, and I'm sure they've not changed so a new seat should fit. You could always put the base in the car when you go to buy a new seat and check it fits at the shop.
I used the same car seats for all my children, born 2005, 2008 and 2012. I emailed Britax to check whether it was ok to use my Britax First Class for DD2 (born 2012) because by that time I'd had it for over 6 years. They said it was fine, and that the plastic would not have degraded at all because their seats are not made from a type that weakens over time.

Teddybear4 Mon 30-Sep-13 07:29:40

Great, thank you!

Lou4l Wed 02-Oct-13 11:19:40

I'm using a maxi cosi isofix and seat belt base for a cabriofix car seat from 2006 for DS#3. You need the cabriofix car seat not the pearl but it works perfectly well and is still a Which best buy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now