This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

safest group 1 seat for non drivers

(5 Posts)
peanutMD Wed 11-Sep-13 22:59:12

unfortunately due to work hours I will most likely need to get a taxi each day with DD so need something quick to fit but more importantly safe.

Taxi companies here don't offer car seat hire.

gallicgirl Wed 11-Sep-13 23:06:50

We have cybex pallas which is very easy to fit.
Put on car seat, add child to seat, put safety cushion in front of child, fasten seat belt.

However, it is large and comes in 2 pieces so perhaps not so easy to carry around.

kangarooshoes Thu 12-Sep-13 19:22:27

Two way elite?

peanutMD Fri 13-Sep-13 12:11:27

Thanks smile

I had looked at the Kiddy Pro seats and liked that they are easy to fit, probably the best universal fit and they seem to get good reviews.

Are the cushions as secure as a harness?

Think the Britax may be a bit big to ensure a fit in several cars but definately one I'd look at it if we had a car ourselves.

gallicgirl Fri 13-Sep-13 19:20:48

We don't have any problems and they are supposedly safer than a harness in the event of an accident. However there was a mums netter recently who had to get rid of her cybex pallas as her child was a mini houdini who managed to climb out of it. She also managed to get through the gap in railings.
Find your local car safety Centre and give it a go.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now