Note: This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQa> section. If you see buying and selling in this topic, please feel free to report it. Thanks, MNHQ.

Anyone got the Britax Maxfix?

(11 Posts)
u32ng Sun 15-Sep-13 17:07:02

Yeah I wish I lived near that safety centre but being in Scotland, I'm miles away!!

KatAndKit Sun 15-Sep-13 09:06:05

I tried it in my car but i didn't get it in the end as the rear seat in my car is quite slanted so the recline on the max fix was not sufficient. If your seat bench is flatter then it is a great seat and out of the ones we tried it gave the most passenger leg room in the front seat. We went for the klippan kiss in the end, fractionally less passenger leg room but more comfy sleeping position for baby. I have a vw polo so was restricted in choice by the size of car and the annoying slopey back seat. The fair bimbo was originally my first choice, it is great for small cars but that was also ruled out due to insufficient recline. You really do need to try them out in your car if at all possible. In car safety centre are fantastic if you live close enough and they know about loads of cars and can give good phone advice.

u32ng Sat 14-Sep-13 21:46:22

Yeah I thought it was really weird for the leg to be too short in our car which really is such an average car.

We are pulling the leg out away from the seat as per the instructions, then extending the leg as far as it will go. If braces properly there is a green indicator which shows. We're not getting this because the leg has run out of holes to extend any further & if we use the last available hole then the leg isn't fully pulled away from the seat. For it to touch the floor AND show the green indicator it ends up being quite close to the seat & not fully pulled out like it should be.

I think this is SO odd, as like I said, i dont feel our car has abnormally deep footwells or anything!!

BuffyFairy Sat 14-Sep-13 17:23:59

We've been using ours for a few months now and I love it. DH thinks it's a pain to tfr between cars but we rarely need to. DD is 2 and has lots of room and seems to find it comfortable. We have a Fiesta and the seat still leaves enough room at the front for the passenger.

Its very odd if leg too short to reach floor of your car. If it was my vehicle (vw transporter) I could understand, but a Fabia is an averege sized car! Are you absolutely sure leg is fully extended or is there something wrong with it?

lagoonhaze Sat 14-Sep-13 13:21:14

Why is maxfix leg too short? Is it exteneded fully post length and position?

u32ng Sat 14-Sep-13 12:39:31

Disaster!!!

Bought the Maxfix online (we'd tried it at mothercare previously) but the blasted leg is too short and so the seat doesn't fit 100% properly. Obviously something that the imbecile at mothercare didn't notice angry.

So we will have to consider something else now. Prob not a maxway either in case we have the same probs (also think it may be a bit too big).

It's so hard when you don't live anywhere close to a decent car seat retailer to try them out sad

lagoonhaze Fri 06-Sep-13 15:56:22

We have one. Have you considered the maxway too Higher weight limit.

Look at the axkid mini too.

easterbaby Thu 05-Sep-13 20:48:27

We have one! Very happy with it. I think rear facing makes sense until DC are 3 or 4. As it's quite expensive, keep the receipt in case you ever have a small knock in the car - your insurer should replace the same model.

DoItTooJulia Thu 05-Sep-13 16:29:00

Watching with interest...

u32ng Thu 05-Sep-13 16:22:55

Just wondering, as we're really wanting to rear face 7m DS for as long as possible and this seems to be the only one that ticks our boxes (and will fit in our Skoda fabia!)

It seems to be quite good but you can never beat hearing what it's really like from those who have it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now