Note: This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQa> section. If you see buying and selling in this topic, please feel free to report it. Thanks, MNHQ.

Recaro Isofix

(7 Posts)
TobyLerone Fri 30-Aug-13 09:18:02

DC3 is due end of December/beginning of January.

I think we've decided on a Recaro Young Profi Plus as the first size seat. Do we have to have the Recaro Isofix base, or will any seat fit on any Isofix base?

Also, to make it worthwhile, do Recaro make a rearfacing 2nd stage seat which will fit on an Isofix base?

lagoonhaze Fri 30-Aug-13 11:09:32

Each brand make their own base. I don't think the young profi has to be on a base although its easier. Bases aren't interchangeable with other brands.

Maxi cosi are bringing about a new base/seat in Oct but seat is small and wont rearface the full length of time recommended.

If you want a seat that will be an infant carrier and a full ERF look at the klippan Kiss www.securatot.co.uk/klippan-kiss-2?category_id=61

PS recaros ERF seat is called the Polaric.

TobyLerone Fri 30-Aug-13 11:16:41

I want it on a base. That's the whole point of getting one, for me. So the Recaro base it is! Thanks for the info smile

I'm happy to buy 2 seats. And I like the Recaro ones best, I think. I saw the Polaric, but it doesn't look as though it goes on an Isofix base. Not that it matters so much for an ERF seat, I suppose. They're more likely to just stay strapped into the car most of the time anyway. But I definitely want the base for the infant carrier because it'll be in and out of the car all the time.

lagoonhaze Fri 30-Aug-13 13:53:47

i think you are confused the base you buy is generally for infant seat then you buy a erf which is isofix or belted (seat doesnt click off and on base)

The exception to this is maxi cosis family fix system which i Dont like.

Recaro seats are ok but the polaric is big, isofix only and only rf til 18kg. I wouldnt want a seat that was isofix only as there are times you may want belted.

Personally i prefer axkid erf seats.

TobyLerone Fri 30-Aug-13 13:57:51

So ERF seats don't usually go with the base? I had no idea!

A big seat is ok. I wasn't aware that you could get any seats which were Isofix only, either. I thought there was always the choice.

Ah well. I won't need to buy an ERF seat for a good while yet, so we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. Thanks!

lagoonhaze Fri 30-Aug-13 14:07:48

it can be confusing.

i like securatot
Rearfacingtoddlers and in car safety centre for info.

I have three erf.....they are all different pros and cons on them!

TobyLerone Fri 30-Aug-13 14:29:16

Thanks. I'll leave thinking about an ERF seat for a couple of years!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now