This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Harness car seat for 18kgs plus

(5 Posts)
RainbowSarah Sun 25-Aug-13 13:16:32

My DS1 is only just 2, but about 16.5kg (he's always been on 99th centile having started at 12lb10...) DS2 has just outgrown his baby seat, and so we thought we'd move DS1 into a 1-2-3 seat freeing up his seat for DS2. However we discovered when we went to mothercare that most harnesses are only suitable to 18kgs (so according to his centile chart he'll be out of harness on whatever we buy in 3-4 months). The britax extensafix was the only option mothercare had that offered a harness for longer, but when they tested it in our car, it didn't fit right :-( Does anyone of any other seats that offer a harness for longer?

Depends what you're looking for, as there are a few erf seats that will keep a child harnessed rf to 25 kilos-

Two Way Elite
Kidzone
Mobi
Hi-way 2
Multitech
Maxway
Minikid
Zento

I've got my 19ishkg 3 and a half year old rearfacing in a multitech- there is a picture of the seat in my profile. Its a fantastic seat, and extremely comfortable for her, as she is also very very tall, but it is NOT the seat to be buying if you have any plans to move it from car to car as its a monster and weighs a ton.
I've also got a Two Way Elite which s the only seat from the list above that will also ff harnessed to 25 kilos, as well as erf to 25 kilos. Its a lot lighter than the multitech, and fitting is a doddle.
This is my seat that I use for other peoples cars and taxis as I didn't at the time of purchase, and still don't want my 3 year old on a highback booster. She wouldn't sit properly on a hbb for a start, and would be out of it like a shot if she was in a stroppy mood.

MortifiedAdams Sun 25-Aug-13 14:57:34

I have the two way elite linked above for dd, nearly two, who will rear face til about 4yo.

MissWimpyDimple Mon 26-Aug-13 18:27:18

Britax xtensafix

RainbowSarah Wed 28-Aug-13 21:52:41

Hi again, that's fantastic, it hadn't occurred to me to look at rear facing seats, but I guess it makes sense that the harnesses can go to a higher weight in them as they are taking different forces. I will see which I can find locally to go and look at... I will let you know what we end up with.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now