This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Britax evolva 123 buckle crunch ???

(5 Posts)
twin2makes4 Sat 24-Aug-13 06:19:55

I've been searching for replacement car seats for a few weeks and keep getting confused change my mind on the one I want.

I have 13 month old twins who are currently in the first class ff which I saved from my youngest son, had a crash I was stationary the other car travelling at approx 30mph he hit the rear of my car side on and car was written off as uneconomical repair, britax and mothercare have both recommended a replacement.

I do like the first class but as was replacing the seats have been looking at the others available, started with the britax duo fix using isofox, need to have a top tether which out me off as additional cost and a faff! Have looked at the maxi cosi, but have been advised by some staff as I have the first class fitted using b fitting the maxi cosi probably will have buckle crunch, so yesterday I went with the intention of buying and stumbled across the britax evolva 123 what I like the adjustable sides the high head support the long strap covers (my twins keep getting sore necks from when the first class straps are opened!) the design.....so here's my dilemma the lady at mothercare fitted it in the car and said that it was ok but borderline buckle crunch, my understanding is that if any of the buckle is touching the plastic it's buckle crunch whereas this was laying flush with the plastic and she explained that as it was not past the bend of the seat and not past the red plastic, is this right????

Sorry for the long post and hope you understand what I mean??

lenats31 Sat 24-Aug-13 07:09:33

She is right

fffinsake Sat 24-Aug-13 07:18:55

I have a Britax Evolva and a Recaro (Young? can't remember) Sport and would definitely choose the Recaro again. Much better side protection and comfort and excellent quality. Have a look at one of them.

coffeewineandchocolate Sat 24-Aug-13 07:22:21

I have the brutal evolva 123 and really rate it. We borrowed a friends for the day to test it before we bought. Would this be possible for you?

lagoonhaze Sat 24-Aug-13 21:18:00

I get rear facing seats for them. Joie stages if money is issue if not another like Britax multitech/two way.elite.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now