This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

ERF - only the cybex sirona seems to fit our Qashqai! Alternatives?

(8 Posts)
LovelyWeatherForDucks Sat 17-Aug-13 16:02:14

Hi

We tried out the britax max-way and max-fix, and the besafe izi kid, in our Nissan Qashqai and none of them left enough room to make the passenger seat useable (which we need). Only the Cybex Sirona gave enough room but I am put off by the size (may not last the full 4 years judging by reviews) and cost. Anyone have a Qashqai with an ERF? Or know of any alternatives that may work?
Thanks!

tabitha8 Sat 17-Aug-13 17:11:29

We have a Britax Hi-way 2. Now superceded, I think, by one of the two that you have tried. We can just about fix two adults on the back seat, but rarely have to.

thing1andthing2 Sun 18-Aug-13 08:06:06

We have the maxi cose mobi which fits in our avensis, although the passenger seat is quite far forward it is usable. We got it from baby nest in Croydon.

FloJo151 Sun 18-Aug-13 08:10:02

joie stages?

tabitha8 Sun 18-Aug-13 16:38:48

Hee, hee. I realise now that you meant the front seat! Agree, it does end up quite far forward. It is possible to fit an ERF seat in the front.

Info here:

www.carseat.se/rearfacing/position-in-vehicle/

hotair Sun 18-Aug-13 16:55:19

We have a hi-way and a klippan triofix- the triofix is much much smaller than the hiway and the qashqai is on its vehicle list .
The triofix is a brilliant (albeit expensive) seat- and as it will go forward facing after 18kg will last til 12 years old.
I cannot recommend ours highly enough, takes 3 minutes to move or adjust the shoulder straps

lenats31 Thu 22-Aug-13 09:33:41

Klippan Triofix
Fair G
Britax Dualfix

I´m surpriced that the Max-Fix needed too much room.

make sure that the front seat makes contact with the car seat.

tabitha8 Thu 22-Aug-13 19:11:58

For the Hi-Way 2, there needs to be a gap between the car seat and the seat in front of at least 10mm. That's according to the manual that we have.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now