Note: This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQa> section. If you see buying and selling in this topic, please feel free to report it. Thanks, MNHQ.

beltupp safety strap

(12 Posts)
kangarooshoes Thu 03-Oct-13 22:23:32

The difference in crash data is minimal- 49 vs 51, what's the p value? Is it statistically significant?

For group 2, it is safer to keep them in a 5 point harness tested to 25kg, preferably rear facing.

A Graco seat with no side impact protection, plus one of these belt ups, is no comparison to a ERF seat to 25kg.

lagoonhaze Fri 13-Sep-13 16:01:51

Strange first post on mumsnet. I smell a rat.

Crash test data done on a three year old. Somewhat different to a 3yr. I would like to know about compression injuries.

Plus All child restraints on market need to be able to be removed with one movement. This removes that ability. I don't really care what fire service say it does make removal slower!

Ps seat in video is a graco junior maxi - not side impact at all. Just saying.

SarahB09 Fri 13-Sep-13 13:44:50

Not at all. But unlike you I research products thoroughly before I voice my opinion on them.

lagoonhaze Fri 13-Sep-13 07:35:20

work for the company Sarah? As well as rude.

SarahB09 Thu 12-Sep-13 17:21:00

What ridiculous comments to make lagoonhaze.. Someone that obviously doesn't have any knowledge on the product. Why don't you actually find out some facts before you say ridiculous things that just make you look stupid! This product HAS been crash tested, it also proved to reduce both the g force to the child's chest and also the whiplash received. It has been tested by the fire service and they are happy that the child can be released quickly if there is the need to. The belt is there to hold the child upright when they fall asleep and slump forward not because they 'can't be trusted'. I think it is a fantastic product and do so many other people.

lagoonhaze Sun 01-Sep-13 01:11:44

Britax two way elite or extensafix are two ff options

many more erf options.

surprised this in on market full stop.

samalulu Sun 01-Sep-13 00:01:49

It's for a 3 yr old over 18kg so no choice I'm aware of. Was I naïve thinking if it was dangerous John Lewis/ Halfords wouldn't sell it?

lagoonhaze Sat 31-Aug-13 23:35:22

compression injuries

compromises ability to release seat belt quickly.

quite frankly if a child isn't old enough to be trusted with a normal seat belt then a harness needs to be used (within weight limit)

samalulu Sat 31-Aug-13 23:19:12

Why awful lagoonhaze?

lagoonhaze Fri 30-Aug-13 10:55:32

I think its an awful product and so do many in the car seat community.

I wonder what the crash test results are if it has even been tested.

Personally I would look at larger group 1 for a 3 year old.

Bumpatron Thu 29-Aug-13 20:51:53

Bought it, used it, it is brilliant. All worries about a 3 yr old in a 3 point belt are gone.
smile

Bumpatron Thu 15-Aug-13 14:58:29

Hi
About to move Houdini like child to a Grp 2 car seat ... anyone have any experience of this?
www.johnlewis.com/beltupp-safety-strap/p231879437?navAction=jump
Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now