This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Should dd be front facing?

(7 Posts)
KatAndKit Sun 04-Aug-13 20:02:07

She is too tall for a baby seat if her head is over the top. Doesn't matter if her legs poke over the edge. She is not heavy enough to forward face, rear facing is much safer especially at her size. You may need to buy a combination birth to age four seat which would be bigger than a baby seat and enable her to rear face till 13kg which might be age 2 or nearly if she is quite light.
i have a klippan kiss which is rear facing from birth to 18kg. It fits well in my smallish car and is a fantastic seat.

AmandinePoulain Thu 01-Aug-13 13:19:06

Maybe he's misinterpreted the new guidelines? Things are changing over so that age becomes more important than weight, that's still terrible advice though! shock

To be fair to Halfords when we bought our first class a few weeks ago the sales advisor was really helpful and knowledgable, and spent ages checking the fit. I do agree that they would do well to start stocking a few ERF seats though!

lagoonhaze Thu 01-Aug-13 12:17:17
lagoonhaze Thu 01-Aug-13 12:16:52

Please name and shame and send I'll send him a few links as to why his sales targets aren't as important as keeping a child rearfacing.

Halfords Im guessing?

www.rearfacing.co.uk

noblegiraffe Thu 01-Aug-13 09:56:00

She's not heavy enough and rear facing is safer any way.

chickensaladagain Thu 01-Aug-13 09:53:34

No completely incorrect

Feel free to name and shame

Have you thought about extended rear facing seats if your lo is genuinely too long for their carseat

I'm sure you know that legs hanging over the end doesn't mean they are too big

goneHaywire Thu 01-Aug-13 09:50:41

went to check out combination car seats yesterday as dd 13mo is still only 8kg but has really really long legs. (she'd been too tall for her car seat since she was 7mo so it's getting a bit ridiculous now).

Guy in the shop said that because she is over 1yr I should just get a front facing seat. is this correct advice?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now