Note: This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQa> section. If you see buying and selling in this topic, please feel free to report it. Thanks, MNHQ.

Isofix support legs - does the floor need to be solid?

(3 Posts)
AmandinePoulain Sun 23-Jun-13 17:09:02

Hi

I've currently got a Britax Babysafe on a belted base, in a Golf Plus. The car is listed as suitable for this base and seat - however, whilst researching the next stage of seats I've discovered that the isofix version, and the seat that I want, both list my car as suitable if we add in a 'filler' below the leg. We don't have underfloor storage, but the floor isn't completely solid - it's uneven with a tightly fixed carpet on top. My question is this - why is the belted base suitable, but not the isofix or next seat?

I've looked at the VW website, fillers are available for the Touran and Sharan, but not the Golf Plus as far as I can see. And to use one we'd have to rip up the carpet! Am I being thick? Are all car floors uneven? It's not something I've ever considered before!

Thanks smile

lenats31 Mon 15-Jul-13 19:11:34

fillings are not required in cars without underfloor storage.

AmandinePoulain Tue 16-Jul-13 12:41:40

Thanks smile

Now I just need Britax to release the Dualfix so I can't go and see one grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now