This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Recommend a car seat for the carless!

(6 Posts)
ilikesweetpeas Mon 24-Jun-13 20:15:30

Another one here that recommends Brittax first class, they are bulky but will last from birth to 4. I think the lighter seats are a bit flimsy and don't seem as safe

Cornwall73 Mon 24-Jun-13 20:09:54

Thank you, a sensible option and good price too. I was worried I was going to have to pay £100s for a car seats that were going to see very little use! DH likes it too.

Hasitfallendownagain Fri 21-Jun-13 07:57:46

We had a Britax 1st class - they are massive, pretty heavy, and take up a lot of room when facing backwards - if you hire a small car you might have difficulty fitting one backwards on the driver's side. We couldn't fit ours behind DH (we had a Fiesta) because he has long legs and has his seat quite far back for driving. You'd need a fair bit of room to store when not using it too. But maybe all group 0/1 seats are similarly large.

Fantastic seat though, roomy and comfortable, lasted DC until nearly 5 yo.

AmandinePoulain Fri 21-Jun-13 07:42:57

What about a Britax First Class? They fit into just about any car apparently because there are 2 belt routing options, it rear faces to 13kg so suitable from birth, and they are good solid seats. I've seen them from around £89, they always seem to be on offer somewhere! smile

halestone Fri 21-Jun-13 03:38:48

I'm not sure and someone more knowing than me maybe along shortly but i think you can hire car seats when you hire cars. Is that not a better option for you?

Congratulations on your pregnancythanks

Cornwall73 Fri 21-Jun-13 03:09:06

We are expecting twins in August. We live in London Zone 2 and have no car, we are members of a car club so can hire a Golf or something bigger by the hour as and when needed. When we go away we hire a car from somewhere like Sixt.

We know we will need cars seats but they will be rarely used (grandparents live 3+ hrs away or abroad and tend to travel to visit us by train).

We are considering a group 0/1 combination seat that will at least last a few years. Any recommendations of good quality car seats in this group that will be flexible enough for different cars?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now