This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Do cheap but v good quality car seats exist?

(6 Posts)

Kiddy care have the britax hi-liner (same as adventure) for £30 here.

The Britax eclipse is on sale in halfords(hope link works as im on my phone). for £70 at the moment. Its a good seat. They also have the Britax first class for under £100 as well if gps have long belt buckles this seat has an alternate routing that can be used to prevent buckle crunch.

As for booster i would say look at the britax adventure this is a good quality seat and if you look about can usual be picked up for around £40.

Murtette Tue 18-Jun-13 21:34:16

We are the first in our family (both immediate and extended) to have DC and the age gap between our first DC and that of friends is less than 2 years so hand-me-downs are few and far between which makes child raising rather expense!

VinegarDrinker Tue 18-Jun-13 19:34:51

Our Britax Prince was £50 from Kiddicare

mikkii Tue 18-Jun-13 19:33:15

I am fortunate that we have a large family and extra car seats are usually the ones passed from a relative (so obviously we know they have not been involved in accidents.....) for example, the stage 1 seat in Granny's car ame fom an older cousin and one if the boosters in Granny's ar came from another cousin.

Murtette Tue 18-Jun-13 19:29:47

We're thinking it would be easier if the grandparents could have a car seat to keep at theirs for each of our DC (one just going into 13kg+ car seat & one going into 18kg+ car seat) for the odd occasion when they need to do emergency pick up from nursery or similar. In all occasions, they won't be going more than a couple of miles and these journeys will always be in 30mph zones. Do I need to spend £100+ on each car seat and go for a maxi cosi/Britax which is what we have in each of our cars? It seems a lot to spend for a back up - although I'd obviously never forgive myself if there was an accident and the DC were harmed when, for the sake of a few quid, they would have been fine had they been in a better quality car seat.
Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now