Note: This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQa> section. If you see buying and selling in this topic, please feel free to report it. Thanks, MNHQ.

When to move tomhigh back booster?

(8 Posts)
nellyjelly Sat 15-Jun-13 09:18:33

DS is just 3 and is 16 kg. he is lloking very squashed in his car seat and the harness looks uncomfortable. On various sites it says highback boosters are from 15kg and weight is the most important factor.

Is it time to move to a high back booster?

MirandaWest Sat 15-Jun-13 09:22:39

I can't remember exactly how you know that they need to move out of a harnessed seat but I'm pretty sure the weight limit is 18kg for a harnessed seat (us better to keep them in the lower seat for as long as possible). There is something about their head being over the top maybe?
Hopefully someone who knows more will come and help.

I recently looked on the maxi cosi website regarding this... I think it's once their ears are at the top of the seat and/or they've reached the 18kg weight limit. You'd have to double check though....

nellyjelly Sat 15-Jun-13 09:28:28

Thanks.

CMOTDibbler Sat 15-Jun-13 09:30:02

Its best to keep them in the harnessed seat as long as possible - so eyes/centre of ears level with the top of the seat, and reaching the maximum weight for their seat. For most seats the maximum is 18 or 19kg, so a long way off yet for you

TokenGirl1 Sat 15-Jun-13 23:25:58

I think that 3 is too young to be in a high back booster.

How about a Britax 2 way elite which goes up to 25kg? That means he can be in a forward facing seat with a 5 point harness for longer.

nellyjelly Sun 16-Jun-13 21:53:35

No way can I afford a new carseat at over £200 unfortunately. Tha ks vor suggestion though. Will just have to keep him in harness for a few more months. His head is near the top now.

lagoonhaze Sun 16-Jun-13 22:44:36

Hes fine until eyes at level with top of seat as long as hes less than 18kg.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now