This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

rear facing stage 2 isofix toddler car seat?!

(13 Posts)
KatAndKit Thu 06-Jun-13 22:19:59

I have the klippan kiss. It's a great seat, but it is rearfacing only. To be honest, 18kg is the limit on isofix whichever way it goes in the car and that is about age 4 on average. So if you want her rear facing till 4, by the time she is 4 she will be too big for isofix anyway and then you can move to a forward facing belted seat. The Klippan Triofix is the longest lasting seat as you can use it forward with the seatbelt when she outgrows rear facing with isofix. The recline depends a lot on your car seat. My back seat is too slopy so it ended up being too upright and the Kiss was a much better choice.

The cybex sirona is isofix to 18 kg and can be used forward or rear facing and is very easy to change between the two. However, when I saw it in real life at the In Car Safety Centre, I found there was less legroom rear facing so that is why I went for the Kiss.

WeOnlyPlannedTheFirst Thu 06-Jun-13 22:14:10

How typical!
Not sure if you use another parenting forum I probably can't mention on here but I can check your car against the list of who has what seat in what car....

ClairesTravellingCircus Thu 06-Jun-13 22:00:14

Our car is none of yours grin but ghanks for info!

WeOnlyPlannedTheFirst Thu 06-Jun-13 21:58:51

Claires...
How old is your child? DS's head doesn't roll as much now at 22 months as it did when he first went in it at 17 months. Also I'm inclined to say his head rolls juat as much in the max way and he is no less comfortable it's just that I prefer the recline of the seat iykwim. I love the isofix and portability of the triofix though it's an absolute doddle to install.
Have you thought about klippan kiss2 too? Similar easy peasy isofix install but amazing recline - my 5 month old twins are in this seat. I have heard though that it is more liekly to be outgrown by height than weight for some kids whereas with the triofix being a hbb to 36kg this just wouldnt be an issue for you

WeOnlyPlannedTheFirst Thu 06-Jun-13 21:54:51

We have the Triofix in hubby's 2008 ford cmax at the moment and it gets transferred (in 2 secs!) to inlaws vauxhall insignia two days a week. We have also used it in my 2007 toyota corolla verso and in my friend's 2007 ford focus. I have seen a list of a load of cars another lady has used hers in stating that if it seemed too upright rearfacing then she has used it forward facing. I guess for everyday useyou ideally need a flat seat or if the seat does slope down towards the back then as long as the isofix points are high you can still get a decent position.
It's a very versatile seat.
To be honest though when we travel any distance for holiday etc my toddler will travel in my car which has a britax max way in as it does have a recline position.

ClairesTravellingCircus Wed 05-Jun-13 14:30:39

Sorry for highjack, but thinking about buying the triofix, weonlyplanned which car do you have it in? Do you find the recline is ok?
Have read concerns about it being too upright.

Thanks!

WeOnlyPlannedTheFirst Wed 05-Jun-13 12:53:50

Bought from securatot too - those ladies know EVERYTHING rearfacing lol

WeOnlyPlannedTheFirst Wed 05-Jun-13 12:53:04

Ive got the triofix and love love love it!

night1971 Mon 03-Jun-13 19:17:36

Yes, have just got Axkid one from securatot who were amazingly helpful on the phone. Helped me choose the right seat for my child and how to fit it. Couldn't recommend them more highly.

www.securatot.co.uk/axkid-minikid?category_id=61

We have the besafe izi combi, it's isofix when rearfacing but if you want to use it forward facing then it's fixed using the seatbelt.

Try www.rearfacing.co.uk for more options/info, what you choose will really depend on what car you have.

Bubbless Mon 03-Jun-13 19:04:54

fab, i shall look into that!!

ClairesTravellingCircus Sun 02-Jun-13 06:10:26

Hello

The Klippan Triofix is isofix (with base) rf til 18 kg than high back boostrr til 36

Bubbless Sat 01-Jun-13 18:03:08

am i going insane?
does one of these actually exist?!

ive decided that we want to be super way over the top safe and go isofix and rear facing until our daughters 4...
however, i want the option to be able to use the same isofix and have her forward facing if we decide to later.... does this even exist or am i just doomed?!
help!!!! sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now