This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Inflatable car seats

(11 Posts)
kangarooshoes Sat 10-Aug-13 18:43:08

We have a Bubblebum. They are not "lethal". They are not as safe in a collision as many other seats, but they are better than nothing at all. We only use ours for traveling, where the alternative would be walking a long distance (pedestrians are statistically more likely to be killed on the road...) and refusing a lift in a 30mph zone, or in taxis etc.

So, would I replace our ERF two way elite with the Bubblebum for every day use? Never. Would I carry the Two Way Elite on a weekend away just in case someone offers us a lift to the station? Never.

3MonthMaid Fri 14-Jun-13 20:41:09

Backless boosters are not good car seats. We all know that.

However, if the choice is NO car seat or a bubblebum which at least raises the child to the correct position and stops them from sliding under the belt in an accident ( you clip it to the lap belt) then I shall take the bubblebum.

Not great by any means but no worse than any other backless booster cushion.

barristermum Thu 13-Jun-13 23:26:08

I have a bubble bum which obviously the review doesn't consider. We only use it for breaks away or extra child passengers. We have never been in an accident (touch wood that continues) but I have been v happy with it for my v tall daughter from 4 years old upwards. It is very sturdy and thick, fabric covered so the heat issue has never arisen. The valve doesn't seem to allow over-inflation and is rock solid when tightened off and she sits securely on it belted up. I would recommend and for what it's worth think its a lot safer than some of the rubbish I used to pay good money for in hire car situations.

lenats31 in what do you base your statement?

lenats31 Tue 28-May-13 18:49:27

One word reply:

RUN!!!!!!!

Ruthchan Mon 27-May-13 20:21:08

Interesting reading. Thank you.

bdbfan Mon 27-May-13 19:45:14

read this

Have just had a look and there are some good reviews but the one I've linked to puts me right off them!

Ruthchan Mon 27-May-13 19:34:04

Thanks bdbfan.
How can they pass all the safety tests if they're so useless?

bdbfan Mon 27-May-13 19:33:30
bdbfan Mon 27-May-13 19:32:16

I looked at these but read a safety review which basically said they were lethal. Great idea but no help in a collision.

I Ended up getting trunki backpacks which turn into car seats, great for travelling as kids used them as carry on luggage then as booster seats in taxis. Will try to find a link.

Ruthchan Mon 27-May-13 19:20:19

I have recently discovered inflatable car seats and am considering buying one for when we fly and hire a car.
Does anyone have any experience with them?
Are they as good as the reviews suggest?
I know about the Bubble Bum booster and also the Go Booster seat. Are there any others?

TIA!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now