This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

WWYD - ERF and childminders

(3 Posts)
AllIWant85 Thu 09-May-13 14:13:04

Hi, I currently have an Axkid ERF seat in my car for 9mo DS who weighs nearly 15kg (yes really!!). I love the seat and we move it between mine and DH's cars regularly. It is ISOfix or belted installation, has support leg and requires tether straps.

When I go back to work in 3 months 2 different family members will be looking after DS for 1 day a week each. They both drive compact cars (C1 and Hyundai something) but the Axkid is a big seat. I was going to buy a FF seat but the more I think about it the more I'm unsure about this.

Car 1 is no ISOfix and will be fitted behind drivers seat as there will be another child seat in the car.

Car 2 is ISOfix and will be fitted behind the passenger seat.

I want something that is quick and light to move between the cars and I think I want RF still.

Would you buy a RF and move it from car to car? Use the Axkid and buy 2 more tether strap sets (if it'll even fit)? Or just buy a FF seat?

If buying a seat which would you recommend?

TIA for any help! smile

lagoonhaze Thu 09-May-13 21:09:46

I would buy extra tethers and fix it as necessary. I have the isofix version and use it belted. My OH fixed it (with tethers already in place) for the first time solo after helping me a couple of times in 4 minutes.

Alternatively I would get a maxway (£215) or Twe £220 but again with extra tethers.

I wouldnt forward face my child. The whole car seat problem was one of the reasons I choose a nursery (not saying you should) as I couldnt get my head around a childminder driving my child. Luckily yours are family.

WeOnlyPlannedTheFirst Fri 10-May-13 06:44:48

Or Axkid Mini might work.
You def need a seat to 25kg though so an isofix one is no good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now