This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

RF for 4 nearly 5 year old.

(7 Posts)
MultipleMama Sat 04-May-13 13:17:42

Ds1 still has a good few months left in his cybex sirona but I was wondering if there're any isofix rear facing car seats for 18kg+?

I'd rather leave FF for as long as possible.

MultipleMama Sat 04-May-13 13:24:46

Just been told isofix stops at 18kg,is this true?

Can you recommend any good RF seats, thanks!

I've got a 3.4 year old, who is really tall (think 5-6 clothes!), who still rearfaces. She is just over 18 kg clothed.

I've got both a Two-way Elite and a Multitech

2 completely different seats, which both go from 9-25kg, seatbelted in, although fitting is a doddle.Both have tall seat shell heights. The TWE is a lot lighter, and easier to move from car to car. The MT is really not the seat to buy if you're planning on moving it from car to car on a regular basis, its big, bulky and heavy.
Having said that though, I prefer the MT, as it seems more padded, has a proper head support on it, which dd uses when she sleeps in the car, plus its a LOT easier to adjust the harness on the thing.

WeOnlyPlannedTheFirst Sun 05-May-13 11:44:51

I have a Britax Max Way which rf to 25kg. Also see the Axkid Kidzone and Axkid Minikid which both go to 25kg.
No isofix above 18kg I'm afraid.

MultipleMama Sun 05-May-13 12:39:52

Thank you.

hellymelly Sun 05-May-13 13:04:24

My dd was six this last week, she is average height, slimish, and still in her Britax two way, although we aren't using isofix. My older dd, tall, thin,light weight, only went ff about six months ago, when she was 7.

MultipleMama Mon 06-May-13 09:27:22

Thanks everyone. I'll check them out x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now