This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

too big for my rear facing? what now? booster?

(9 Posts)
bumbleandbumble Fri 12-Apr-13 15:49:46

My nearly 3 year old is very tall and quite heavy as well (16kgs).
She doesnt seem to fit in my rear facing two way elite, even though I thought it was until 4 years old??! Her knees are literally jamming in her chest.

Can she go in a booster? she is big, but I still want a harness, rather than seatbelt considering she is still just about 3.

Can someone recommend something? what would you buy?

5madthings Fri 12-Apr-13 15:55:42

You will be able to get her a forward facing seat that still uses an integral belt, some then convert to high back boosters as well.

You need to check what weight the integral harness can be used up to, I think most say for up to 18kg and then remove it and use it as a high back booster with adult seatbelt.

5madthings Fri 12-Apr-13 15:57:34

www.johnlewis.com/britax-evolva-123-plus-car-seat-black-thunder/p231779005

This britax one cash be used with the integral harness up to 18kg then you remove the harness and use it as a high back booster with adult seatbelt.

5madthings Fri 12-Apr-13 16:00:15

www.johnlewis.com/recaro-young-sport-car-seat-black/p231778991

This one works in the same way but I can't find out what weight you can use the integral harness up to. Maybe check on manufacturers website,

Also which does good cats eat guides.

5madthings Fri 12-Apr-13 16:00:41

Ha ha car seat guides...not cats eat!

lagoonhaze Fri 12-Apr-13 17:36:49

You can use twe forward facing too so no need for new seat. Sounds like it needs to be moved to more upright when rear facing and she will have more room?

lagoonhaze Fri 12-Apr-13 17:37:31

All harnesses are tested til 18kg except the twe which is 25kg

bumbleandbumble Fri 12-Apr-13 17:54:41

hmm. maybe just face the twe forward? shame because I wanted her rear facing for longer...

I have tried putting it more upright...just not enough space

TruthSweet Fri 12-Apr-13 21:51:15

Can she not cross her legs? That's what mine did in the TWE when rfing & DD1 & DD2 are tall. DD2 is ffing in it atm and she's 115cm/20kg/5y 5m with room to grow as well (I'd rf her if she didn't have gastritis and she wasn't in the 3rd row!).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now