This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

car seat for tall 2.10y old

(11 Posts)
crazypaving Fri 12-Apr-13 08:18:26

thanks witch. haven't weighed him since he was about 9m, don't have a Scooby doo how much he weighs! better check that first!

youmaycallmeSSP Thu 11-Apr-13 21:05:13

They are weird-looking and they're not for me but people do rave about them.

WitchOfEndor Thu 11-Apr-13 20:19:18

Have you checked reviews on Which? If he is over 15kg the Kid Plus SICT seat gets a good review plus another which I can't remember. It's about £100 in the shops.

crazypaving Thu 11-Apr-13 20:11:37

thanks for that, those are weird looking seats! And the price is a bit steeper, eh. But good safety score...

youmaycallmeSSP Thu 11-Apr-13 17:19:44

These Kiddy ones are also 1-2-3.

crazypaving Thu 11-Apr-13 11:44:36

that's helpful, thanks. is there another option? or is my only other choice to buy a seat he'll grow out of in about a year?

youmaycallmeSSP Thu 11-Apr-13 09:27:28

grin Don't worry, you didn't sound rude! I think the grandparent references are to do with being able to use the seat over an extended period of time so they get their money's worth out of something they might only use occasionally.

Personally, I found it a real pain to install and I don't think the 'click & safe' feature on the Plus model works properly.

crazypaving Thu 11-Apr-13 08:07:29

I didn't mean to sound rude, btw blush it's just on amazon people were saying it's an excellent seat for grandparents so wondered if it wasn't really intended for full time use.

crazypaving Thu 11-Apr-13 08:04:48

I figured a Britax couldn't be too bad. why don't you like it?

youmaycallmeSSP Wed 10-Apr-13 21:38:59

Are you looking at the Evolva 1-2-3? I have that and two other stage 1 car seats. It's not my favourite but it's not flimsy rubbish either.

crazypaving Wed 10-Apr-13 20:20:16

I know it's an awkward age to be getting a car seat, but when DS1 reaches about 2.10, DS2 will be growing out of his group 0 carseat and will go into DS1's ERF seat. So DS1 needs a new seat.

I've been looking at the Britax model that is group 1,2 and 3 all in one, but am not sure about its safety record - would I be going from supersafe rearfacing to flimsy rubbish forward facing?

What other options are there? I don't particularly want to have to buy him one seat and then another in less than a year...

Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now