Note: This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQa> section. If you see buying and selling in this topic, please feel free to report it. Thanks, MNHQ.

Help !my 4 month old cries in her car seat

(6 Posts)
KIWIFTM Sun 28-Apr-13 10:15:42

Hi ClaraOswald , I mainly use the carrycot on the pram to make sure she can sleep if I'm out too long ( she sleeps on her tummy)- but recently I tried her in her stroller with the seat attachment and she was a bit grumpy at first and cried till I got her out then I reclined the seat and she did sleep.
I have had treatment by an osteopath on her and it did make some difference. I've also been contending with Cows milk intolerance which made her grumpy and irritable. I've now sorted that out, but the carseat stills seems to be an issue. I did however do a trial week of taking her in the car each day for 20 mins and she seemed to be better day by day.

ClaraOswald Wed 10-Apr-13 21:01:07

What's she like if you put her in a pushchair? Does she cry then?

Unlurked Wed 10-Apr-13 21:00:45

My Dd2 hated her car seat from the first time she was in it. She would scream until she threw up. She wouldn't fall asleep in it. It was a bloody nightmare. She's grew out of it but not until she was... ahem... two and a half. Sorry, that probably won't fill you with joy!

lenats31 Wed 10-Apr-13 20:54:40

Perhaps this seat is just not comfortable for her. A seat like the Klippan KISS has all the same features and even more. Plus it can face the rear until 18 kg. It is isofix but can be installed with a seatbelt. This seat is more recliend and more padded. Worth a try. You need to contact a special car seat retailer. please refer to http://www.rearfacing.co.uk for a list of retailers.

You should not be able to get more than two fingers between the harness and your little girl.

ClairesTravellingCircus Wed 10-Apr-13 12:15:39

Not much help, but my dtd used to do that, we never found a solution except avoid unnecessary travel! She would cry until she was sick, it was horrible.

She has now grown out of it. I think she's just got used to it. Sldo we tried to time car travel with nap time, but making sure she wasn't overtired as that would make things worse.

Hope someone comes along with something more useful!

KIWIFTM Wed 10-Apr-13 02:47:45

She cries as soon as I put her in it and it is so awful on long drives! I got a maxi cosi Pebble on a recommendation of a friend of mine and her son seems to love his and go to sleep in the car, while my daughter just cries until I take her out! Any tips advice? I've tried readjusting it.taking the cushion out loosening straps..toys, sitting in the back with her/not sitting in the back...Urgh!! any help apreciated

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now