This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Need some advice re temp car seats

(4 Posts)
Melty Tue 09-Apr-13 08:18:16

Friend coming to stay from overseas with 2yr and 4yr old for 3 month period.
Both kids small, 2yr 11kg, 4yr 15kg but tall for age. (Won't be bringing her own seats)

Don't have a car and mostly won't be needing one as London based.
However occasionally may use Zipcar.

I want to try and sort out seats for the just in case. I have a couple of months before they arrive.

Does any one have any suggestions as to what/where I should look.
Are second hand seats a no no? (Not completely against them but am worried about knowing if they've been in an accident)

What sort of budget should I realistically be looking at?

Will have to be forward facing as thats what they have been using and I cant imagine the high jinks that would ensue if we went rear facing now.

the 2 year old will need a harnessed seat but the 4 year old could use a high backed booster secured with the adult belt. There are seats to suit mist budgets - how much are you looking to spend?

Melty Tue 09-Apr-13 17:20:01

They look ok actually. Price wise I hadnt thought about it but they are very reasonable. For short journeys they would be ideal and unlikely to break the bank. Thanks. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now