This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Which ERF Car Seat for my needs ....?

(11 Posts)
Inseywinseyupthespout Wed 03-Apr-13 21:59:00

Thanks for the replies . I've decided to go for the max way .

Although its not isofix , I'm thinking dd is nearing the weight limit anyway so if have to buy another new seat in a a year at the very most !

It's passed Swedish plus test gold as a belted seat so it should be ok if I get the safety centre to fit it and show me how .

lagoonhaze Wed 03-Apr-13 21:27:29

Sorry check out kidzofix then. X

Inseywinseyupthespout Wed 03-Apr-13 21:16:05

Ah no the axkid mini is only belted install sad

Inseywinseyupthespout Wed 03-Apr-13 21:04:25

Oh the axkid mini might be a contender then - the most important features I want are isofix & belted install as well as long rear facing .

Thanks !

Really liked the kiss but even the manual says its only to 3 yrs so don't think it will be suitable .

lagoonhaze Wed 03-Apr-13 20:54:28

It is isofix or belt fix too.

lagoonhaze Wed 03-Apr-13 20:53:23

I have the axkid kidzofix but its not light but is moveable. My 116cm child fitted it as an experiment (hes 5.5)

Axkid mini may be lighter and has passed the swedish pass plus test as is RF only.

nicm Wed 03-Apr-13 20:31:25

Hi,I had a kiss, it was an ok seat, but if your ds is nearing the weight limit and is tall I would go for a britax two way elite. I have this and a britax hi way 2 now, which both go to 25 kgs. I think the hi way has passed the plus test but is heavier and harder to install than the twe, and the kiss is heavier again.

smile

Inseywinseyupthespout Wed 03-Apr-13 20:10:58

That's the one I'm currently looking at - may I ask you some questions on it ?

It looks quite "ugly" ha ha - not that it should matter , but does it look better in real life ?

Is it easy to fit with the belt as well as isofix , are both installs quick ?

How old is your child ? Dd is 3yrs & tall - will she still have plenty of room do you think ?

Sorry for all the questions blush

TryDrawing Wed 03-Apr-13 19:53:07

Have a look at the Klippan Kiss. We have that and I think it will meet your requirements. Otherwise, call the lovely ladies at Securatot, who I bought mine from. They're very helpful and honest - told me not to buy a new seat at first because dd was still ok in her infant carrier, even though it lost them an immediate sale.

Inseywinseyupthespout Wed 03-Apr-13 19:06:38

Oh and dd is currently 33lbs if that helps - so nearing the isofix weight limit !

Inseywinseyupthespout Wed 03-Apr-13 19:01:06

Ok , I need a car seat that does the following...feel free to recommend !

Needs to be able to fit in an isofix and non-isofix car - preferably a seat that does isofix and belt fitting (doubt these exist !)

Needs to be lightweight as it has to be moved between cars every now and then - maybe every other week.

Also has to be easy to fit .

Has to be suitable for a tall 3yr old with lasting use .

Ideally have passed the Swedish Plus test .

Any seats meet ALL my needs? - I think I'm going to have to buy two and at those prices Id rather not if I can do with one .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now