Note: This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQa> section. If you see buying and selling in this topic, please feel free to report it. Thanks, MNHQ.

Anyone used Babystart car seats?

(5 Posts)
prudie77 Tue 02-Apr-13 21:48:12

They have great reviews on Argos website but I've never heard of the brand before?

SaveWaterDrinkMalibu Tue 02-Apr-13 22:52:30

Use a baby start booster seat and its ok- what you pay for

pizzaqueen Tue 02-Apr-13 23:01:00

These seats don't perform very well in safety crash tests.. I'm on my phone right now so can't link but will try to find one in the morning.

You'd be better with a Britax or Maxi Cosi seat these are far sturdier and more robustly tested.

pizzaqueen Tue 02-Apr-13 23:16:35

Previous thread on them here www.mumsnet.com/Talk/products/161329-babystart-argos-car-seats-any-views/AllOnOnePage

Basically UK crash tests aren't very stringent at all and you want to look for a seat that performs well on independent tests too. Offers side impact protections etc.

People have said that the Argos seats (baby start is Argos own brand previously Nania now sold by ASDA) are flimsy and lightweight And can move around a lot even when fitted properly.

Personally I would cut back on other luxuries to spend the extra on a decent car seat.

prudie77 Wed 03-Apr-13 14:16:34

Noted. Thanks pizzaqueen :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now