This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Flat lying car seat for newborn

(10 Posts)
MrsDimples Sun 24-Mar-13 19:55:48
AmandinePoulain Sun 24-Mar-13 19:48:22

From a safety point of view I would certainly not strap a carrycot in. From what I've read and heard the only safe lie flat seat is the Britax one, it can be used as a carrycot on their pushchairs.

kernewek79 Sat 23-Mar-13 22:27:26

The Matrix light 2 is a pretty good option plus you have longevity of being able to convert to a 0+. This is a much improved seat on previous versions. Can be isofixed as well but very pricey. The Jane Transporter is another option, lighter, cheaper ( though not alot) and was a Which Best Buy in the 2011 tests

doyouwantfrieswiththat Sat 23-Mar-13 16:35:46

I had a Jane Matrix but the safety aspect wasn't that great. If I had to get another I would go for this.

ChocolateCoins Fri 22-Mar-13 20:25:46

Thank you I will have a look at baby safe and Jane matrix. Not too worried about the price as my mum and dad have offered to pay, so I can always put some money towards it if it's much.

I didn't know you could get carry cots that strapped in, that would be even better.

Thank you for the replies smile

pmgkt Fri 22-Mar-13 19:58:42

Jane do one which can lie flat or be sit up all in one

MortifiedAdams Fri 22-Mar-13 19:51:04

A quick google shows this

VeremyJyle Fri 22-Mar-13 19:48:21

Could you not look into a carrycot that straps in?

Rhubarb78 Fri 22-Mar-13 19:46:33

The only ones i know of are the britax baby safe sleeper (this only goes up to about 6 months though) and the jane matrix light which also sits up so lasts up to 13 kg but is a lot more expensive. HTH

ChocolateCoins Fri 22-Mar-13 16:16:34

Hi, I'm looking for a car seat that lies completely flat. I'd never heard of these before but I've been told they do exsist!

We drive up and down the country a lot, which was a nightmare with DD, with having to stop every hour to get her out the car seat for a break. So a flat lying cat seat would be brilliant for us.

Any recommendations?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now