Note: This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQa> section. If you see buying and selling in this topic, please feel free to report it. Thanks, MNHQ.

Flat lying car seat for newborn

(10 Posts)
ChocolateCoins Fri 22-Mar-13 16:16:34

Hi, I'm looking for a car seat that lies completely flat. I'd never heard of these before but I've been told they do exsist!

We drive up and down the country a lot, which was a nightmare with DD, with having to stop every hour to get her out the car seat for a break. So a flat lying cat seat would be brilliant for us.

Any recommendations?

Rhubarb78 Fri 22-Mar-13 19:46:33

The only ones i know of are the britax baby safe sleeper (this only goes up to about 6 months though) and the jane matrix light which also sits up so lasts up to 13 kg but is a lot more expensive. HTH

VeremyJyle Fri 22-Mar-13 19:48:21

Could you not look into a carrycot that straps in?

MortifiedAdams Fri 22-Mar-13 19:51:04

A quick google shows this

pmgkt Fri 22-Mar-13 19:58:42

Jane do one which can lie flat or be sit up all in one

ChocolateCoins Fri 22-Mar-13 20:25:46

Thank you I will have a look at baby safe and Jane matrix. Not too worried about the price as my mum and dad have offered to pay, so I can always put some money towards it if it's much.

I didn't know you could get carry cots that strapped in, that would be even better.

Thank you for the replies smile

doyouwantfrieswiththat Sat 23-Mar-13 16:35:46

I had a Jane Matrix but the safety aspect wasn't that great. If I had to get another I would go for this.

kernewek79 Sat 23-Mar-13 22:27:26

The Matrix light 2 is a pretty good option plus you have longevity of being able to convert to a 0+. This is a much improved seat on previous versions. Can be isofixed as well but very pricey. The Jane Transporter is another option, lighter, cheaper ( though not alot) and was a Which Best Buy in the 2011 tests

AmandinePoulain Sun 24-Mar-13 19:48:22

From a safety point of view I would certainly not strap a carrycot in. From what I've read and heard the only safe lie flat seat is the Britax one, it can be used as a carrycot on their pushchairs.

MrsDimples Sun 24-Mar-13 19:55:48

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now