Note: This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQa> section. If you see buying and selling in this topic, please feel free to report it. Thanks, MNHQ.

has anyone used both a cabriofix and a pebble - need a quick decision!

(21 Posts)
Kroder1 Tue 12-Mar-13 23:00:24

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Gooseysgirl Tue 12-Mar-13 20:36:45

Had no problems using the pebble with our vista

I've used both. Cabrio for my dd and Pebble while looking after my nephew. I found no real difference at all tbh

fairimum Tue 12-Mar-13 20:27:56

we have the family fix base anyhow that we used with our cabriofix smile thanks

sleepdodger Tue 12-Mar-13 15:28:34

Pebble was newer cabrio in c2010/11
Just check whether isofix has same comparability as I think that the base is less flexible and constrains the next seat size up you can have?

fairimum Tue 12-Mar-13 15:23:36

they have now delivered a pebble and side by side they are pretty much the same!

lagoonhaze Tue 12-Mar-13 12:44:02

That's ok. Thought it was worth mentioning. One less thing to sort then!

fairimum Tue 12-Mar-13 12:42:30

the base wasn't in the car as not our normal car, had just been strapped in!

thank you though

lagoonhaze Tue 12-Mar-13 12:40:11

They should be replacing the base too if that was in car.

Can't they just send you a cheque to buy locally.

fairimum Mon 11-Mar-13 20:01:42

any other thoughts?
thanks

notso Mon 11-Mar-13 11:35:24

I think he looked a bit more exposed in the pebble, it was when he was a newborn, around 8lbish. They never seem to look particularly comfy and supported when they are so small and scrunched up. I think the Britax babysafe are the most supportive but thats irrelevant here!

grin at Rooney at least you didn't have a 'doh!' moment like me.

fairimum Mon 11-Mar-13 11:04:28

thank you smile Will try it on your uppababy vista before decide if going to keep it then!

I have a snunkie footmuff I would use in it too, so have to see...

RooneyMara Mon 11-Mar-13 11:00:33

The head support is fine - it's neither here nor there really, doesn't intrude, and I used a sheepskin in ours to bulk it out anyway.

Notso - yes little grey useless buttons, I press them and can sometimes feel it disengage but it still won't bloody come off!

fairimum Mon 11-Mar-13 10:27:48

notso... just out of interest did you think your LO was as comfortable in the pebble?
thanks smile

notso Mon 11-Mar-13 09:50:11

Rooney doesn't the pebble have little grey buttons to remove the adaptors from the seat. I've only used the pebble in the car for one trip but I thought I saw them.
It took DH and I weeks of trying to wrench the adaptors off our cabrio before we realised that a) there were buttons to release them and b) the seat fitted on the base with them in place anyway.

OP I chose the cabrio because Which scored it slightly higher for side impact protection than the pebble either on or off the base I forget which. It was only slightly and they were both high scoring. I've only used a pebble once, so can't comment much.

fairimum Mon 11-Mar-13 09:49:44

thank you smile
We have a familyfix base (as had the pearl for ds), I read about it being hard to get off the pushchair, we have an uppababy vista and can so far only find good things about using the 2 together... I ahve exactly the same problem with the hood on the cabriofix!! Thank you for mentioning the fit, DD is now 9lb so wondering if she will be ok now... hmmm... some else from the insurance rang back and said it is the pebble they have in stock and they could get a cabriofix, but would take 5-10days (we have borrowed a seat for now), she also said if i found the pebble unsuitable they would change it if the tags etc still on.... food for thought!! thank you so much ono your thoughts!!

How do you find th ehead support in it? we took the cabrio one out as although little dd has great head control now and think she found it a bit 'close', but wondering if could get more use out of the pebble one...

RooneyMara Mon 11-Mar-13 09:29:42

They should not mind giving you a Cabriofix btw as they're cheaper than the pebble.

RooneyMara Mon 11-Mar-13 09:28:04

Yes sure, the main thing is it is really tough to get off the bugaboo adaptors, I mean put your back into it and break your nails and fall over type difficult grin but it does eventually, usually, come off.

Other thing won't apply to you now unless you intend keeping it for another baby, but when ds was tiny, it was a rubbish fit for him - he was too small and it didn't seem safe. He was 7lb odd so not unusually small.

It's fine now, he's 9 weeks, but just something to bear in mind. Other people reported no issues with it but I found a few posts on forums about the same thing, just being the wrong fit for small babies. (it was like the straps just went over and above him, his feet were together above the level of the crotch strap if that makes sense, not either side of it)

Also he hated going in it to start with as he was a windy baby and I think the position made it worse- but that'd be the same with any seat.

Are you using it with a pushchair? If so I can have a search and see if anyone's had issues with the particular model.

Oh and the hood is always falling off the clips. ALL the time. It drives me insane particularly wqhen carrying the seat over one arm - the hood just falls off and hits him in the eye smile

Otherwise it's a lovely seat and goes onto the car seat base very easily. Another point - have you got the Easybase 2 or Familyfix, or the Easyfix? They don't all fit on the same ones.

fairimum Mon 11-Mar-13 09:14:08

Thank you Rooney, can I ask what your issues with it are? thanks smile

RooneyMara Mon 11-Mar-13 09:10:05

Ok have only used the pebble but I am TOLD that the cabriofix works better on some pram adaptors - cameleon and bee for example. That's all I can think of and the hood attachment clips are a bit different - have to say I have a few issues with our pebble but overall it's a nice seat.

fairimum Mon 11-Mar-13 09:06:13

my dd2 was 7 weeks prem and is now 9lb at 5 months. our cabriofix was in the car when dh had an accident and the insurance have offered to replace it with a pebble (think might need to argue if want a cabriofix), only downside i can see is the weight being slightly more - any other disadvantages? have you used both? which would you choose and why?? need to make a decision today so any help much appreciated!
thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now