This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Right, I need an ERF seat to go behind the drivers seat in a Ford Focus with no isofix..

(7 Posts)
sausagedogfan Fri 08-Mar-13 20:58:03

So, the title says it all really! I already have a Britax TWE on the passenger side. I don't like it (the straps drive me potty). But I couldn't have one on the drivers side anyway as it rests on the head rest of the front seat, and DH and I have the drivers seat in different positions. It's a 2009 Focus btw.

So, what else would you wise ladies recommend? Preferably one that is not too upright (that's how I ended up with a TWE, the others I tried two years ago didn't look that comfy).

smile

sausagedogfan Fri 08-Mar-13 21:13:06

Just had a quick look and the Britax Hi Way looks like an option. Any thoughts on this one?

sausagedogfan Fri 08-Mar-13 21:46:24

Bump?

nicm Sat 09-Mar-13 11:41:29

Hi,I have a hi way and it's a good seat. It doesn't rest on the back of the seat like the twe, it has to be at least 1 cm away from the seat in front. It takes up about the same amount of room as the twe and has the straps as well. You can set the recline before you install it and buy a block that reclines it even more.
smile

Katiepoes Fri 22-Mar-13 15:01:31

I used the Hi Way in a Kia Rio, that's about the same size as the Focus. It fit (just) but it is very upright - the block does indeed help it recline but as the seat was behind me (driver side) and I sit pretty far back we could not recline it that much. It would not have fit behind my husband at all, he's just under 2 meters tall, that's worth bearing in mind. It's a good solid seat though and my daughter looked very comfortable.

I bought mine from the Swedish online place...I think it's called Swedish Carseats - the customer service chap there answered a tonne of questions from me and seems to know about all the car types.

Kroder1 Fri 22-Mar-13 15:54:43

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

kernewek79 Sat 23-Mar-13 22:31:25

Hi. Just a thought but isofix can be retrofitted onto the Ford Focus for not a huge amount. You can buy a kit from Ford and do it yourself. The fixings are all in place, you just need to screw the isofix bolts to the car

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now