Note: This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQa> section. If you see buying and selling in this topic, please feel free to report it. Thanks, MNHQ.

Should I turn my pre-schooler around?

(8 Posts)
sausagedogfan Fri 08-Mar-13 20:27:19

DS1 is 3y5m and is in RF Two Way Elite. DS2 is nearly 17mo and is still in my Britax SHR first stage seat.

I intended on keeping DS1 RF until he was four. But, DS2 is going to grow out of his seat before then. The reviews for the TWE turned forward facing are just mediocre, it's much safer as a RF seat. So, should I buy a good next stage FF seat for DS1 and move DS2 into the TWE? (I don't like the TWE AT ALL as the straps drive me barmy but it's a good erf seat so I'd like to keep using it). DS1 will be in his next stage seat for a good few years so I want it to be the safest I can get, which the TWE forward facing isn't.

TIA for your help smile

Inseywinseyupthespout Fri 08-Mar-13 20:36:19

I have the TWE too and I agree about the straps !

How long would you intend to keep DS1 in a harnessed forward facer ? I'm sure the TWE can stay rear facing til age 5 (might need to check that ).

If you were going to buy a decent FF anyway , would another TWE not be an option? Then both are RF .

sausagedogfan Fri 08-Mar-13 20:44:57

But if I get another TWE do i then have to buy two decent FF seats too as they'll both need harnessed FF seats at the same time, no?

I don't think I would by another TWE tbh, it drives me up the bloody WALL!!!

sausagedogfan Fri 08-Mar-13 20:47:29

TWE is rf or FF to 25kg. I have NO idea how heavy DS1 is, maybe I should check!

YellowAndGreenAndRedAndBlue Fri 08-Mar-13 20:49:21

How long ago did you buy the TWE? Aren't you advised to replace after 5 years anyway, so would maybe need new RF seat for dc2 anyway once it gets to that age.

So personally I would buy new RF dc2, then later get ff for dc1, then finally ff for dc2.

It's bloody expensive isn't it!!!

sausagedogfan Fri 08-Mar-13 20:51:51

Just checked the red book. If he carries on on the same centile he'll be nowhere near 25kg when he turns four, so it looks like I need to get another ERF seat for DS2.

sausagedogfan Fri 08-Mar-13 20:54:24

Right, am going to start a new thread about which new ERF seat to buy. Thanks ladies smile

Indith Fri 08-Mar-13 20:56:37

I'd get another ERF for dc2 as you should be able to keep them in them until they go into high backed boosters wuth the searbelt so you won 'thave to buy 2 FF harnessed seats too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now