Webchat with Tristram Hunt, Labour education shadow, MONDAY 27 April at 12 midday ×

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

3 car seat dilemma, can anyone help?

(4 Posts)
JellyCurls Sun 03-Mar-13 08:08:20

DH drives an Octavia VRS and its his pride and joy. We have just had a thought though that with dc3 on the way can we actually all fit in the car. Dc1 is 6 but for health reasons needs a high back booster. DC2 is 2 and in a age 9 month to 4yrs one and we will need a baby seat as well. Is there anyway they can all fit in the back?

lagoonhaze Sun 03-Mar-13 16:21:39

Ive seen 3 extended rearfacing car seats across the back of cars as well as mixtures of all of the different types so it can be done.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/RearFacingTheWayForward?fref=ts

I wouldnt be moving a 6 year off a high backed booster even if no health conditions. They need the additional protect of the Side inpact protection.

Best thing to do is try a range including with and without base. Start with a britax babysafe as seat is roomy and means the dilemna of the next size up will be put off by a few extra months.

Try a variations of different positions. Worse case scenario one child in front and an adult in the back. (airbag turned off if rearfacing and seat furthest back if forward facing)

JellyCurls Sun 03-Mar-13 18:34:51

I am with you on the high back booster, I thought I would put that in though to prevent people suggesting booster cushions. Thanks for your suggestions, off to google them now

my nearly 6yo is still in his britax evolva and is staying there until he's 11 or too tall despite what his friends say.

we got the britax baby safe shr on a belted base, the base is quite narrow but the actual seat is longer so should last longer than my old maxi cosi cabrio. been using it for 12 weeks and dd2 has always looked comfortable and secure.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now