This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

ERF experts help needed please, twins and a 3yr old

(8 Posts)
Buba2012 Thu 21-Feb-13 20:18:02

Or look at the new Sirona it swivels towards the door so this would be easier to get the child in the middle in and out smile

zimmyzammyzoom Mon 11-Feb-13 08:36:06

Thanks, will have a look at the vid with Dh. Good idea about climbing over the seat!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=brT5J2fJUp8

here is the fitting video for the seat- shoes how it fits into the car.

ShhHesAsleep Sun 10-Feb-13 18:58:15

I've found www.securatot.co.UK to be very helpful. They give advice on email or telephone if you can't visit in person.

Should fit in the middle seat, and attaches with the seatbelt.

As to the tethers, they attach to a point underneath the front seat. Im my car I wrap them around the seat bight i.e. the join between the base of the seat and the back of the seat, however some people do attach them to the runners. As they are behind the seat, they shouldn't affect how your ds gets in the car as he could, in theory, climb over the front of the seat instead of behind it

If you have a look on my profile, there is a picture of my other rf seat- a multi-tech installed in my car. between the rear of the seat and the back of the passenger seat is a diagonal grey strap- this is one of the tethers.

The TWE is a much slimmer seat though- I can do pictures of the seat and of how the tethers attach tomorrow when I put the seat in the car if you'd like.

zimmyzammyzoom Sun 10-Feb-13 17:37:36

Hi 12345. It's not the width really, the s-max has 3 separate seats so a TWE would definitely fit but it's whether my 3yo could get past it to seat in middle. Looks like the tethers might be difficult to negotiate. Could a TWE be strapped into a middle seat though? What do the tethers attach to. It's quite open at the side so maybe I could put DS1 at one side and lean across his seat to strap one of twins into this.

Could you try a seat like a TWE, as its a lot slimmer than my multi-tech.

I can measure it across the base if you want as mine is currently parked in my hallway

zimmyzammyzoom Sun 10-Feb-13 09:39:53

Hi, I'd love for my DT's to have ERF seats as my 3yr old DS1 did when he first came out of an infant carrier. We had the Besafe Izi combi for him but now with 3 children I can't see how I can have the twins in ERF seats due to the seats being so bulky he wouldn't be able to get in or out of the car and strapping in would be a nightmare. Anyone else had 2 or 3 ERF seats in the same car. Am happy for DS1 to go FF now, but his FF seat would need to go either in the middle so he'd have to climb in through front (not ideal) or at one side but then I'd have difficulty getting one of the twins in the middle ERF seat. We have a ford s-max and annoyingly there is only isofix in 2 of the rear seats (not in the centre although the centre seat does have a full 3 pt seatbelt)

Hope that makes sense! Would really like to use the Izi combi we already have which is the isofix model then buy another ERF seat with DS1 in a new FF seat.

Any ideas or recommendations gratefully received! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now