This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

What to put in a Ford Focus?

(4 Posts)
peanutMD Sun 20-Jan-13 14:59:54

Oh and can I also ask how old your DC is?

It's just that you mentioned the Cabriofix which is for new born - 13kg (approx. 15 months) but ask about a group 1/2/3 seat smile

AmandaLF Sun 20-Jan-13 14:59:44

We have a ford focus and had to get the isofix base as the seat belt was too short for the car seat too.

peanutMD Sun 20-Jan-13 14:57:44

To be honest I'd steer clear of the stage 1-2-3 seats they are often really bulky and are often not particularly sturdy.

I contacted Britax about the Evolva a few months back as I have one from DS and was going to reuse as stage 1 for DC2 but was told that they are not built to last from 9 months - 12 years as stated this is simply the age range it is suitable for but unfortunately it will still suffer degredation after 5 - 7 years which could be unsafe.

Ahzrei Sat 19-Jan-13 20:38:23

Went to buy a car seat today. I really want a 1-2-3 seat that doesn't use the Cabriofix thingy as we're on a tight budget and those are really expensive.

First bought the Cosatto Skidaddle which I really liked, so was gutted that the seat belt was too short to secure it by about 2 inches. Swapped it for the Mamas and Papas Moto and that was short by about 4 inches.

Does anyone know of any that might actually be secured by our woefully short seatbelts?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now