This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Britax baby safe lie flat car seat

(5 Posts)

We had the the Britax one too, and we were really really happy with it.

I liked that it could clip onto our pushchair, so we didn't have to buy the carry cot attachment, and DD could sleep overnight in it if needed (which she only did once, when we drove through the night to France).

We used it up until 7 months as she was way under the maximum 10kg weight. We're trying to work out a way of using it 'next time' by moving DD into the front seat of the car. Want to get our money's worth before we have to get rid of it.

cheesenpickle Sat 12-Jan-13 19:00:01

We had the britax one and i would defintely recommend it. You can only use it as you said up to 6 mths old but our soon slept in it really well as i wasnt happy havibg him a normal car seat 4 hours. We would travel from london to york. We sold it on ebay afterwards for a good price.

We looked at the be safe iZi go to go with our iCandy. Do you know if the sleep s compatible with the same brackets?
Do you know how the sleep differs?
Thanks

lagoonhaze Thu 10-Jan-13 21:48:51

Its 2hrs recommended in car seat but there will be times when you exceed that. The odd trip where you cant break every two hours isnt going to do lasting damage although obviously driver needs a break too.

Have a look at the besafe izi sleep.

Has anyone got any advice or recommendations on lie flat car seats? I live 8 hours drive from my parents but I read that a baby should not be in their car seat for more than an hour. They recommend they should be lying flat. Are these lie flat car seats safe? They are an extra expense for a short amount of use, approx 6 months max but I would rather not have to break our journey every hour as it will take forever to get there. I'm sure my family would go mad if we didn't visit. My parents will of course come to us but grandparents, aunts and friends etc will want visiting.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now