This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Britax Babysafe 0+ seat, any good?

(4 Posts)
peanutMD Mon 24-Dec-12 09:45:46

After buying what turned out to be an expired Maxi-Cosi Cabrio we have had to look back into car seats.

As we don't drive and walk/use buses most of the time we didn't want to spend too much but I'm not sure abut some of the cheaper seats, the seat will probably get used a maximum of 20 times in taxi's and possibly v.occassionally my mums car.

So can anyone tell me:

Is this seat easy to install?

Does it last a whole our do babies trend to grow out of it quickly?

Can anyone find it cheaper than £62.76

notfarmingatthemo Mon 24-Dec-12 18:42:44

They are very safe and easy to install. I am looking at getting one where have you found it at that price as that is cheaper than I can find

Excellent seat. We have 3 of them. It should last longer than the Maxi cosi because it has a slightly longer back on it, so good if you have tall baby.

Our 3 are still in theirs at 18mth and 2.8rs(ds3 is V small for his age and only 1inch taller than the Dtwins!*). They have around 2-3 inches to go before thier head reaches the top and therfore 'officialy' outgrown, but if I put them in my friends Maxi Cosi then DS3s head is level with top so its too small for him, so I guess the Britax is around 2'' longer backed than the Maxi Cosi(although dont quote me because ive not actualy measured!)

It is a good solid comfortable seat and easy to install. I doubt you will find it cheaper than you have.

* My DC are small for their age but my friends 'average' size 12mth DD fits in our Britax (with growning room) so it should last you a good while.

peanutMD Tue 25-Dec-12 09:21:51

Farming Kiddicare have it for £63.75 butI'm not keen on them so sent a price match to Preciouslittleone.com and they match plus 10%.

But Boots also have it for £63+ £2 of points smile

Oh and Merry Christmas everyone!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now