This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

ERF in Mercedes Vito

(5 Posts)
vanhelgan Sat 15-Dec-12 21:41:25

We have just bought a Merc Vito 8 seater and I suspect that almost 3 year old DS2's Britax Two Way Elite will not fit rear facing as the gap between front seat and his is too far.

DD2 (11 months) will also outgrow her infant carrier in the near future so it looks like I am going to need two new ERF seats to fit the car. Best positions would be side by side in the middle row leaving an outer seat free to access the rear row.

I had thought that a Maxicosi mobi for DS on the outside with a Besafe Izi combi in the central seat may be a workable combination but am not sure if either needs to touch the seat in front. There is no underfloor storage in the car. Any advice welcome.

The BeSafe doesn't need to touch the seat in front as it has a front brace (we have the IziCombi ISOfix), but don't know about the MaxiCosi.

Skiffen Sat 15-Dec-12 21:58:23

Our klippan triofix doesn't need to touch in front, and is a very neat erf.

vanhelgan Sat 15-Dec-12 22:09:33

Thanks Moonlight and Skiffen - that sounds promising. Just taken a look at the triofix - I didn't realise they were used across such a wide age range. Food for thought with DS being almost 3 already.

Buba2012 Sun 06-Jan-13 20:34:26

I think you'll find that the besafe MUST touch the seat in front or be 25cms away. Read your instructions! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now