This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Pls recommend a car seat for 1 year old DD

(18 Posts)
PTTG Wed 05-Dec-12 20:58:54

Hi ladies, can you recommend a good forward facing car seat for my one year old daughter. She hates rear facing one that we have (maxi cosi). It would really help if you guys can recommend something that kids usually love to sit in.

Skiffen Wed 05-Dec-12 21:01:13

Both my DDs are in extended rear facing car seats. DD2 (16 months) loves her BeSafe Izi Combi x3 - it's really nice and high so she can see loads and it reclines so is v comfortable.

DD1 is in a Klippan Triofix, and it is roomy but doesn't recline, so not great if your DD still naps.

PTTG Wed 05-Dec-12 21:03:53

Thanks skiffen!

BertieBotts Wed 05-Dec-12 21:05:53

My DS had a Kiddy Infinity Pro. They don't make that one any more but there are other seats made by Kiddy with the impact shield, he loved it and I thought it was a great very practical seat - he's just grown out of it aged 4.

Dd (11mo) is in a Britax 2way elite, rear facing. Goes up to 4yo and is lovely and wide and comfy looking.

PTTG Wed 05-Dec-12 21:08:33

Thanks you both smile

lagoonhaze Wed 05-Dec-12 21:10:31

Mine is in an axkid ERF.

Why does she not like infant carrier?

PTTG Wed 05-Dec-12 21:14:41

She is quite long so doesn't quite fit in maxi cosi infant one comfortable. Guess she just gets irritated in rear facing position and just cries and wriggles until we take her out. It's getting so difficult to go anywhere with her. Am at my wits end hmm

blondietinsellyminx Wed 05-Dec-12 21:15:57

We chose the Britax Two-Way Elite (TWE), made the decision to keep DD rearfacing after reading this smile

PTTG Wed 05-Dec-12 21:26:22

Thanks for the article ... That's helpful! I think britax TWE is a good option... As it can be both rear or outward facing.

lagoonhaze Wed 05-Dec-12 21:27:56

As long as head is within they are safe.

My 1yr old has been going through a phase of disliking her car seat. Ive moved her to a ERF. I wouldnt turn her forward facing.

If money is tight look at a britax first class, concord ultimax or a graco junior mini - all combination seats that can keep her RF til 13kg

sleeplessinderbyshire Wed 05-Dec-12 21:32:37

my DD1 started to hate the maxicosi. we kept her RF but got a besafe izi combi. She was instantly happier as she could see out and is still happy in it at 3 1/2.Interestingly when we put her in a kiddy guardian in DH's car and with the grandparents she moans she can't see anything as the besafe is so high she gets an amazing view

PTTG Wed 05-Dec-12 21:42:17

Thanks! The above suggestions give me so much hope.

blondietinsellyminx Wed 05-Dec-12 21:54:33

Have a look at this also smile

PTTG Wed 05-Dec-12 22:47:35

Thanks ... That's an eye opener.

BertieBotts Thu 06-Dec-12 02:18:11

The Kiddy seats are forward facing but apparently safer/less strain on the neck than a 5 point harness. If you want to try one out John Lewis stock them or Mamas and Papas have a version of their own which they stock in their stores too.

blondietinsellyminx Thu 06-Dec-12 13:13:24

You may also want to invest in one of these to keep toys in to stop your little one getting bored!

PTTG Thu 06-Dec-12 16:30:10

This looks likes very good idea. Will head out to get them tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now