Note: This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQa> section. If you see buying and selling in this topic, please feel free to report it. Thanks, MNHQ.

Carseat recommendations for an almost 3yr old

(8 Posts)
Vertically Sat 01-Dec-12 07:28:11

£29 would be a bargain, will have to have a look and see. Only problem is I don't have a debit card, so I would prefer an actual shop. Will ring the insurance co on monday and find out the details of how much i can claim for one.

Thank you all smile

SkiBumMum Sat 01-Dec-12 07:27:29

Has the insurance given you a limit? I'd a couple of prices and check before you buy that they are ok for you to so. We love the Kiddy seats.

ilikesweetpeas Sat 01-Dec-12 07:13:32

Would agree with the britax 123 if your budget can stretch to that. You can use it with the 5 point harness now, then remove it later and use with the car 3 point belt. It's also more padded than most high back boosters

Sirzy Sat 01-Dec-12 06:57:16

Have a look on kiddicare. I can't remember the name of the seat but we had one from there which is a 5 way harness for while they are young and then when they are older works as a high backed booster. Was only £29 to which was a nice bonus!

Vertically Sat 01-Dec-12 06:54:24

Thank you smile We all walked away which is the main thing, and it appears that out of me, DS, my mum and dad, who's car it is, I'm the only one that has injuries, and I'm guessing thats because i span sideways in my seat to make sure that DS was protected.

We had the carseat from Asda's Baby Event before, and that was half price, so I know I wont be able to get one that cheap for a while, But thanks for the suggestion smile

lorisparkle Sat 01-Dec-12 00:26:44

Forgot to say - so sorry to hear about your accident hope everyone is OK

lorisparkle Sat 01-Dec-12 00:26:16

When we needed a new seat for DS1 at about the same age we bought the britax evolva 123 because it would cover him until he did not need a car seat anymore. Unfortunately it is a bit expensive for your budget.

Vertically Fri 30-Nov-12 19:08:57

Hi all.

We were unfortunate to be in a car accident this morning and I need to get a new carseat for my DS 2.9. We were hit on the side that his seat was on and quite frankly I don't trust it to protect him any more, plus I've heard that you should always replace after an accident.

It will be covered by the insurance, but I need to buy it and submit the receipts so I'm after recommendations around £50-60.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now