This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Tell me which car seat to buy for emergencies only...preferably cheap as chips.

(11 Posts)
Theas18 Wed 21-Nov-12 22:43:51

@wooden I totally see that. Good luck in your search

woodentrainset Wed 21-Nov-12 15:10:55

Thea - I agree completely but will be when I get stuck at work so won't know in advance.

Thanks for other suggestions - will check them out.

Speedos Wed 21-Nov-12 14:58:57

Not sure if compatible but we bought the britax prince for flying initially and I really like it, it was about £60.

sausagesandwich34 Wed 21-Nov-12 14:53:04

I wouldn't want to put a 1 yo in one of those seats, plus if I'm buying a seat I would want to be able to check they are compatible with the car

TheWizardsWife Wed 21-Nov-12 14:52:50

We used a bubblebum. Available on amazon and was great to pack to take abroad too. Now lives in the boot for unplanned friends joining us!

Theas18 Wed 21-Nov-12 14:50:11

Hmm you really want " cheap and cheerful" car safety? Just a thought. They are just as at risk on a journey with him than you. Why not move seats /swap cars or leave car seats at nursery if its just once in a blue moon.

Just my 2p worth

woodentrainset Wed 21-Nov-12 14:47:13
sausagesandwich34 Wed 21-Nov-12 14:37:51

hmm, not sure a cheap carseat would fit a Lupo, they tend not to fit VW

pretty sure you would be looking at a britax eclipse type seat (and price)

woodentrainset Wed 21-Nov-12 14:27:24

A VW Lupo

sausagesandwich34 Wed 21-Nov-12 14:24:01

what car is it they are going in?

woodentrainset Wed 21-Nov-12 14:22:08

DC are 2.5yo and 12mo. We have two very good group 1 car seats which will go in my car - they will be used for most car journeys and certainly for all long journeys/motorway etc. We need two cheapo car seats to go in DH's car for emergencies only - we will only use on the rare occasions he needs to collect from nursery, maybe once every couple of months. I can't face doing the search - please tell me which ones to buy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now