Note: This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQa> section. If you see buying and selling in this topic, please feel free to report it. Thanks, MNHQ.

Group 1 car seat for grandparents

(7 Posts)
BertieBotts Tue 13-Nov-12 10:21:10

Also might be worth looking at Britax First Class. It's not ERF but supports RF until 13kg and the back is a lot longer than an infant seat. They also have an alternate belt routing for older cars. Usually around £100 if you shop around smile

BertieBotts Tue 13-Nov-12 10:10:50

I have a wriggler but he's never escaped from the Kiddy. It's a different kind of mechanism. With straps it's easy for them to work out how to get their arms under, but with the Kiddy it's more a case of them working at it little by little. IME most children don't realise that the seat is getting looser and so don't see it as an escape route! Also, they tend to feel less restrictive to the child as they have their arms loose and can play with things on the little "shelf" part if they want to.

Mamas and Papas shops and John Lewis sometimes have display models with a car seat with seatbelt, so you can strap them in and try it out (tell him you want to see if it feels comfy - don't give him any ideas! grin)

lagoonhaze Fri 09-Nov-12 10:19:19

They are escapable so yes maybe see if any friends have one you can borrow.

Rottenluck Fri 09-Nov-12 00:16:00

Mine never have but it could be possible If they are that way inclined I suppose.

fraktion Thu 08-Nov-12 23:12:17

Aren't they the ones which aren't advisable for Houdini like wrigglers? I wish I could borrow one to see whether DS can escape but my bet is that he'd be able to.

Rottenluck Thu 08-Nov-12 23:08:47

The kiddy seats are known as being grandparent proof, and two of them are which best buys, can't remember which but will check. They are brilliant and lightweight.

fraktion Thu 08-Nov-12 21:36:33

We're looking to get a group 1 car seat to leave at my parents' place. DS is a large 18months and we ERF at home but budget doesn't stretch to another.

What's the safest, easily fitted group 1 that doesn't cost the earth?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now