This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

moving up from group 0 - rear facing options?

(9 Posts)
Kroder1 Wed 19-Sep-12 08:19:28

Hi, www.rearfacing.co.uk is a good source of retailers Nationwide as it is impartial. Recommend this.

We have just bought a Britax Hi-way for roughly £235 for DC2, DS is in a Britax two-way elite (I won't turn it forward though he'll be in it until he's 25kg) - haven't had a chance to use it yet but it fits lots of different cars and looking at the installation video on www.rearfacing.co.uk it looks very easy to fit. We don't drive either and have found the two-way elite very easy to use, it fits most cars we travel in and DS is very happy in it. He's 19 months, 80-98th centile for height and over 2 stone

SJF48 Fri 14-Sep-12 16:41:42

Thanks, I will check out those web sites. will have another look at her in the seat to see how close her head is. She is quite tall!

lagoonhaze Thu 13-Sep-12 19:59:18

Have a look at securatot, rearfacing.co.uk and incarsafetycentre.

Personally I wouldn't buy a combination seat as it will be a false economy.

You baby is however safe in it's baby seat to 13kg as long as head within seat. Crossed legs is fine and quite comfy.

1tinnietinytoddler Thu 13-Sep-12 18:08:08

that one is suitable from birth to 4 years

1tinnietinytoddler Thu 13-Sep-12 18:07:26

you can buy car seats that are forward facing but can also be used as rear facing.
I don't know how to do links so type this code in on the Argos website. 9055623

SJF48 Thu 13-Sep-12 17:53:53

current one is group 0 so we do need to move up. she is looking a bit long for it too.

vodkaanddietirnbru Thu 13-Sep-12 12:33:10

is it group 0 or group 0+ as 0+ covers up to 13kgs.

SJF48 Thu 13-Sep-12 11:11:52

my DD is 9 months old and weight about 9kg. we dont have a car but we do own a car seat as I go out with friends and we hire a car to visit relatives.
we just returned from a holiday and I think we need to move up from group 0. length wise she was just filling the seat and she is at the weight limit.
I've read that rear facing are safest, but not widely available.
Any recomendations? ideally rear facing and easy to move between different cars. when hiring we go for 5 door medium sized cars.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now