This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Rear facing car seat in a 3 door polo?

(10 Posts)
PiggyMad Fri 21-Sep-12 09:50:58

I might try to make a trip down there in the next few months. Thanks for the tip poo.

I hadn't thought about speaking over the phone to someone about what fits certain cars, but that is a good idea, thanks Kirly

In Car Safety Centre in Milton Keynes is apparently THE place to go for fitting. Can't link to their webssite from here but I have found it through google previously.

Kirlyp Wed 19-Sep-12 20:46:52

most good retailers should have demo seats so you can try them in your car before you buy ! if you cant get to one they should be able to help advise you over the phone .... good luck

PiggyMad Wed 19-Sep-12 18:16:14

Is there anywhere you can go to try out rear facing car seats in your car? I haven't come across many stockists and have a 3 door corsa so worry about what will fit and don't want to order online.

Kroder1 Wed 19-Sep-12 08:17:24

Take a look at www.rearfacing.co.uk for a list of retailers Nationwide - most of these can give you good impartial advice.

Kirlyp Tue 18-Sep-12 22:10:33

speak to Securatot, they have the FAIR and the Klippan Triofix, both great for 3 door cars !

nicm Wed 05-Sep-12 20:39:06

hi, i had my two way elite in the back of a 3 door polo, and the hi-way and kiss in a 5 door one. all fitted well.

smile

If you get one with a base it will be really easy to get in and out. They are a godsend. Crash or not!

IwanttoflyonA380 Sat 25-Aug-12 11:04:54

I don't see how it would make any different how they get you all out in a crash. If it's a bad crash where doors don't work or they are concerned about anyone's neck or one of the front passengers are trapped they take the roof off.
As for which seat to get. The safest seat is the one that fits your car

Oinkypig Sat 25-Aug-12 00:13:11

Does anyone have advice about what type of car seat would be best for a 3 door car? I had decided to save up some money and get a rear facing one but the read some concerns about getting the child out in a crash! Any advice much appreciated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now