This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Any Rearfacing Recommendations to keep a 4 yr old rear facing, who is growing out of his besafe?

(28 Posts)
Carseatcrazy Fri 17-Aug-12 22:26:21

Maybe I'm being obsessed!!! But if there is an option to keep DS1 rearfacing for longer, I'd take it! I'm looking into the TWE but am not convinced that it would give us that much longer (in terms of height) than his current Besafe Combi.....

I've also seen some of the new seats such as the Britax max way and some of the azkid ones that all go up to 25kg, but again, does anyone have any experience / suggestions as to how much additional time these seats could realistically give us on the Besafe?

We drive a ford focus (55) plate, and I'm 6 foot and often need to be in front of him in the passenger seat (DS2 is in his KISS behind driving seat)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated ;) xx

bacon Mon 10-Sep-12 19:16:34

I have near heard of this why all this stress!

If you were hit by a lorry into the side of the car rear or front makes no difference especially at full force. An accident is an accident imo, whether forward, backwards, sideways there will be some damage whether whiplash or worse. I had both mine front facing from young, my 3.5 yr old will be in his booster seat forward facing.

I wonder if all this fear is made worse by the manufacturers who are funding this research.

Kroder1 Tue 11-Sep-12 07:57:18

Hi, just for the record I saw on a website the BeSafe is more compact than the Axkid...

Sorry can I just add to the lady who said about putting child in front if car to chat about pedals and stuff, put the kid in the back and chat still but always in the back, in centre preferably if has proper seatbelt, less likely to be killed or injured than when in front of car.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now